Roanoke Photos

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Old Street Lights


I have not decided why but I love the old street lights that you can find downtown. They are called acorn style, which you can see why. I haven't done any research yet as to the makers of the post - maybe later. What I do love is the different styles of the tops if you stop and really look.

Like this one. If you look closely you will see the small differences. Around the top the glass is shorter with a different topper to it.




This one too has the little differences. Look carefully between all three. Just an interesting little tidbit that I found while looking up street light info, when street lights like this where first put up they were put in places like intersections or leading up to intersections to give warning of a street or stop light ahead.

I really like this three-armed post. It does look the same as one of the other photos, just with three arm instead of two. These photos were all taken downtown within blocks of each other yet all have little differences about them. The stuff we find when we stop and look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home