Roanoke Photos

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Buttons to play with...


I LOVE BUTTONS!!

Whenever I see buttons I have the need to hit them - to see if anything will happen, if I am out walking somewhere I never expect them to actually do anything. But these pretty buttons actually do work! YEAH!!





So the buttons above control this light and another one on the deck area to. The lights change color and positions. Really too cool!









This little thing along the railwalk, which I am not sure what exactly it does in the train world but I do know that you can go up to it and move the lever so that it turns to the other side. Once again totally hands on and cool.




If you look closely up the pole you will see what looks to be a lamp of some sort. But it is not, nope it is an old train bell with another BUTTON! I will suggest that if you choose to hit that button not to be standing under it, it's really, really loud but fun!







The first pole here holds the buttons for 2 things. One button turns on a small light that is in front the silver box in the picture and the other button activates the air horn further back, yes an air horn that sounds like what's on the trains today.






So here is my final photo with this post. This lonely little gate sitting all alone also has a button to make it go up and down with the lights flashing and the bells ding away!






So all this fun can be yours for a short walk down Norfolk Ave located behind Billy's Ritz and the Wachovia Tower, now remember to start behind Billy's Ritz and enjoy your walk. Also make sure to check back there from time to time because I heard they will be extending it all the way down to the transportation museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home