Roanoke Photos

Friday, June 02, 2006

<----- Public Sidewalk

What does it say on the sign?
This sign is at the entrance to Wertz's Restaurant, it tells us their daily specials and also at the bottom it says <--- PUBLIC SIDEWALK. Now I could swear that where all the tables are is where the public sidewalk is, or atleast that's where it is during the rest of the week. When we went out on Sunday to go to the market and the festival we park and walked down Kirk to the market. We went to walk in front of Wertz to start our way and we confronted by rope and tables. So there we had to walk where the vendors usually sit which is a small walkway. Now I love that the vendors are there on sundays, excited actually. But now that these restaurants are pushing out and taking over the sidewalks there don't seem to be as many venders. The two restaurants that are doing this on a consistent basis Wertz and Trio and I don't doubt Table 50 will do it too, now I'm sure you are saying but Jeffery's and Ernie's do it too. And I agree they do but they don't push anybody out of the way - they only seem to have two tables out also there are no venders on that side. The one other issue I see besides no where to go for the venders or shoppers is the failure to be ADA compliant. Where are the people in wheelchairs suppose to go when there is a streaming neverending supply of people marching at them - fall of the curb? Maybe I would AND then I would turn around and sue the city for letting this happen. Can a wheelchair fit through the small openings between the tables and make the tight turn that is required to go around the venders tables that don't move? I usually don't like to get to political but I really feel this is a major issue one that the city should be addressing before something does happen or it becomes a bigger issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home