Roanoke Photos

Monday, July 10, 2006

Monkey Huntin'

So I went monkey huntin' on Sunday, I had wanted to go Saturday but instead I ended up go people huntin' as I had found a little dog on my way to Mill Mountain - I did find the owners. So here are the photos from Sundays walk down the mountain. This is at the top of the old Incline Railway looking down at the top of Carilion and South Roanoke.


On the way down I crossed this bridge, one of two switchbacks on the old road going down the front of the mountain. This switchback is at the old mayors house that you can see when looking at the Star and going down the mountain.


This is a great shot I took while walking down from the first switchback. But still no sign of the monkey here.

Here MONKEY, MONKEY!

MONKEY!!!!!

MONKEY?!?!?!?!




What is this all the way down at the bottom of the road and at the end of my walk down? Now I had heard rumors of its existence, the old toll plaza at the bottom, and here is the proof of its mystical presence.


It is real! So here is the end of this post and no monkey sightings while going down. But while out and about on the mountain the monkey had been found, was being tracked and eventually caught. So the monkey hunting comes to an end. I have been through some interesting things so far in life including the big black out of 2003 and 9/11 and now I can add Monkey huntin'' to my impressive list of strange and scary things that have happened!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home