Roanoke Photos

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Mill Mountain Zoo

THE ZOO!!!!!

I love the Mill Mountain Zoo, I know I know I love everything I have put up so far but I really enjoy spending time up there. So this is the entrance after you walk through the flowers.




The photos are not in any true order which is why I decided to put this one next, it's the mini star on top of the Mill Mountain Zoo's train. It even includes the neon tubing.


This is the only snow leopard that felt like being photogenic on the day I was there. He is one beautiful kitty!





So this is the prairie, prairie dog habitat and on top of the skull in the middle of the photo is one of the many little prairie dogs, he has his back to us.





Here we have who I have dubbed Sam the Eagle, you can see how his wing on the right sticks out at an angle. That is because "Sam" was injured at some point is his life and now he has the life at the zoo being catered to.




Here's one of the many other birds they have at the Zoo, the Toucan. This guy was just hanging out in the sun watching everybody wander by.




And here is the Zoo's new pride and joy, Nina. Nina is just under one year and very curious and playful as you can see here. She still has not yet fully matured but has come to us from another wonderful zoo so she many grow and teach us great things. She came to us from the great Columbus Zoo where Jack Hanna is the director.



So take some time and head up to the Star and see the Zoos' newest star and also say hi to our newest zoo director too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home